Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Bad Dog!

I just loved this Sunday Sketch over at Studio Calico and had to play along.  I took the sketch and added a little something on the side and used one photo rather than the two.  I do have a few techniques on this 8.5 x 11 layout: 1) stitched random triangles, 2) added splashes of Opaque White mist using an eye dropper, 3) tore and pulled up the ridge of paper on the right hand side.  I wanted to distress it with the torn paper and mist in order to take away the quilt-y, cleanness of the layout.

I am trying to document more of the everyday life stuff, and this completed layout will go into a 2014 everyday life album.  I did PL last year (I should post some of that ), and I am still not done.  I took an open approach to the PL last year by not documenting by month rather than week and not caring if one month had more info than others.  I have only finished through May and I am fighting the feeling of being behind and stressed out about finishing the album, so obviously this was not open enough.  I will create any format that I feel like, which includes 12x12, 8.5x11, 8x8, 12x6, and PL formats.  I am going to scrapbook in any order I feel like and put it into the album, which will get organized when it is full.  I would like to think this will go better and be less stressful :)



Supplies:
Office Hours Scrapbook Kit (Studio Calico)
Mister Huey's Opaque White (Studio Calico)
Mister Huey's Droppers (Studio Calico)
Denim Twine (The Twinery)
Crumbcake Cardstock (Stampin' Up)
Staples, Sewing Machine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a great layout!